House Rules & Information
1. Communicate! There is no such thing as a perfect roommate. Some people prefer to keep to themselves, while others like to socialize. Some like it warm while others like it cold. With up to 6 residents living together, especially from different backgrounds, it is important that you communicate with each other to make for a pleasant living situation.
2. Be Clean! You are sharing a space with other people so it is especially important that you keep the apartment, especially the common areas clean. We will do a random inspection of the apartments approximately once per month, more if necessary, and if we find them to be excessively dirty, after a warning, we may hire a maid to clean the apartment and the fee will be forwarded on to the residents. Please remember to empty the lint trap of the dryer after each use for best performance.
3. Be Considerate. You are sharing a room/apartment with other people. Everyone needs to chip in and work together doing chores, taking out the trash, etc. Also everyone should be purchasing cleaning supplies, trash bags, etc. Please make sure to be respectful of each other. No sleeping on the couch. Disrespectful, offensive or violent behavior will not be tolerated.
4. Guests. Each resident may have up to two guests visit at a time. There should be no more than 4 guests maximum in the apartment at any given time. Guests are not permitted in the house before 9am or after 9pm. There are no overnight guests allowed under any circumstance, including residents with private rooms. You are responsible for your guest and any damage they may cause. Your guest may not be in the house if you are not present.
5. Noise. Please keep the noise level down, especially at very early or late hours. This is both for your roommates and your neighbors. Consider using headphones whenever possible.
6. Pets. There are no pets permitted in the house at any time, including pets of friends or visitors.
7. Smoking. There is to be no smoking, of any kind, inside the apartment or on the balcony or patio areas.
8. Keys & Locks. Please be sure to always lock the front door of the apartment, whenever you leave the house, whether someone is home or not. This is not only for your safety, and the safety of your belongings, but also that of the other guests in the apartment. If you are locked out of your room or apartment and require assistance to enter, there will be a $50 fee.
9. Maintenance. Please take care of the appliances, furniture and the apartment in general. If something is in need of repair, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will put in a maintenance request. Please describe the exact problem and location in the apartment. If it is an urgent problem, such as a leaking pipe, please call 786-999-2151.
10. Pest Control. This is Florida, so you will see bugs occasionally. The communities have general pest control weekly, but if you need special attention also email us. It is important that you do your part and do not leave food out, clean the dishes, and keep your room tidy.
11. Lights and AC: The air-conditioning should be set between 72-77 degrees. Please do not set it any lower. If your room is too hot, you may purchase a fan for your room. Please make sure you turn off your the lights, fans, etc. when you are not home.
***Violation of rules may result in a warning, followed by a fine and possible eviction. Please take the rules seriously and contact us with any questions or concerns.***